In this week’s blog, we here at Consumer Debt Support(CDS) would like to talk about how to spoil family and finding inexpensive ways in doing so. As parents, we often are caught up in the struggle to just survive paying bills and dealing with creditors that do not understand what the situation is and / or the reasons why debts or bills can’t be paid on time. This stress is carried into the home and effects everyone in the household.
The solution, to stay connected as a family and keep the little ones entertained, can become an expensive exercise. We at CDS had a look in how we can assist parents in finding affordable ways to spoil the family when finances are tight or when already in debt review.
Here are a few fun ideas to do that is still budget friendly.
- Enjoy a picnic at one of the Botanical gardens close by. Nature is a great place to take kids to play and have outdoor fun.
- In Cape Town, we have a fresh water stream known as Silver-stream running from the foot of Table Mountain; an amazing place to take pictures and enjoy a picnic.
- Plan a hike on a popular walk trail that can be achieved by all participating in the outdoor event.
- Visit the weekend markets and fish markets, everyone can have some fun. Absorbing that buzz is very uplifting and just enjoy a cup of coffee. A change is as good as a holiday.
- Contact your local horse farms and take the kids for horse riding, kids love the horses.
- If you have bicycles it is time to dust them off! Going on bike trails on a Sunday morning is something everyone can join in.
- Dad’s if you have fishing rods in your garage use them and take your sons for fishing at a river. Mom can pack a picnic and the kids can have fun catching fish.
- Go camping, it is really so much fun and a good way to bond with your family.
- Buy inexpensive kite’s or kite kits so that everyone can join in and build the kite’s and partake in the fun flying kites on the beach or at the local park. If a beach is an option make it a nice outing for the whole day.
- Maybe there is a dam or a pond close by where you can feed the ducks? It is a very therapeutic experience.
I often hear parents say we can’t take the kids out we simply can’t afford it. Everywhere we go it is so expensive to get into places to take part in various activities. As shared above there is so much one can do outdoors that don’t cost money.
Have fun with your family! Love, support, sharing and laughter, especially when you under financial pressure, is good way to appreciate the small and inexpensive things you have. It is also a time to bond as a family during a difficult time where things can’t change overnight.
Be creative and think out of the box and still enjoy life. I hope this blog has helped in finding answers. Inspiring our readers in seeking and overcoming the money issue when spending time with their loved ones.